Every experience has lead Ashley to be exactly where she is today, doing this very thing - life and wellness coaching. Her education and experiences have equipped her with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on the vast array of skills and knowledge in life and wellness, she will work with you to help you make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results - results that will help you reach new levels in your life. Her most important life's work is that of a wife, and mother of two boys. Ashley has learned how to incorporate her life skills and knowledge to constantly navigate effectively through the emotional journey that these family relationships can bring up. Mothers figuring out their way and purpose, are a huge target market for her. Belief in what's possible for you guides her path.
"People have gone further than they thought they could, because SOMEONE else thought they could" - Zig Ziglar
Ashley has been an educator since 1996. She graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication and minor in Journalism, with emphasis on Public Speaking. She received an alternative degree through the FWISD Alternative Certification Program for Education and has worked as a Fire and Life Safety Educator for the Denton Fire Department, where she developed and implemented the Fire and Life Safety curriculum for Denton ISD. She was part of many community boards, including the American Heart Association, and served as media contact for them as well.
Ashley moved to Fort Worth and completed the Alternative Certification program, receiving her teaching certification, where she taught 1st and 3rd grade ESL (English as a Second Language) classes within the Fort Worth ISD.
Health & Fitness Background
Fitness has always been a part of her life. Having been a ballerina for 16 years she was always conscious about food and eating. Ashley has attended group exercise classes since 1990. After her first son was born, she taught freestyle aerobics, then became certified in Les Mills BODYPUMP. She fell in love with the passion and mission of Les Mills, but it was in her Trainer Role for BODYATTACK that her strength of connecting with people became her true love. This led to an intense certification process in Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga, where she was challenged not only physically, but more important mentally. Learning what it meant to truly become present in your life.
Certifications & Other Accomplishments
- BA in Speech Communications, Focus on Publis Speaking. Minor in Journalism - Texas A&M University (College Station)
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) Health Coach Training Program
- Formerly Certified BODYPUMP and BODYJAM
- Former Les Mills National Trainer and Presenter for BODYATTACK
- Certified BODYATTACK and BODYFLOW
- Baptiste Yoga Certified Teacher
- Yoga Instructor for Indigo Yoga at Pine Street Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center
- Equipped to Counsel Program
- Christ Chapel's Soul Care, Lay Counselor In-Training
- Board member of The Woman's Center in Fort Worth
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Former Trainer at Orangetheory Fitness
- Current student of Life Coach John Kim, author of The Angry Therapist
- Member of the SHFT/Catalyst Life Coaching Training Program
Ashley's teachers and mentors have included lectures and lessons from the following:
- Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center
- Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- Joshua Rosenthal, Director of Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Baron Baptiste, founder of Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga
- ...and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities